Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Yuengling is coming to Georgia

Recently, I was talking to my store of liqour owner, asking his opinion on some beers. We were on the topic of lagers, and he mentioned Yuengling. It was like a flash of bright light lit up in my head and then it all came back to me.

While stationed at MCAS Beaufort, SC, my pals and I would frequent the downtown strip and order up a couple of Yuenglings. We would watch the boats breeze by on the Broad River and it would be nothing but smooth sailing from there on out.

So back to the conversation between my liqour store pal and me, it dawned on me that I hadn't had a Yuengling in about 3 years. So I immediately told him to show me the way. He informed me that if I want one now, I was going to have to drive to the Carolinas to get one. But do not worry, Yuengling is coming to Georgia in a couple of months!! YUENGLING IS COMING TO GEORGIA!!!!

So guess what, as soon as they are available here in Georgia, I am running out to the store and buying this incredible beer. Has anyone had one in a while? Let me know what you think!

10 comments:

Bob said...

I'm currently stationed in NJ about 100 miles from Pottsville, PA where Yuengling is brewed so it's pretty popular around here. I have to say it is my usual Friday, after work drink.

Anonymous said...

So is this true? I was going to right a letter to Sonny Perdue asking why?

Unknown said...

We get a couple cases when we visit Sc or FL.

I'll believe its in GA when I see it.

Anonymous said...

I'm hearing rumours that Yengling will be in Georgia by October of this year. I'm dubious but hopeful!

Anonymous said...

wow, they have been saying this for years now....my guess i that it will not be anytme soon. the good news is, you can drive across the river from columbus...2 hours from ATL and pick it up at the Piggly Wiggly in PHX city. It is also less than two hours from ATL in Fair Play SC near Clemson

Anonymous said...

It's true. Yuengling will be in Georgia beginning Oct. 1st. Normally I wouldn't believe it, but I'm pretty friendly with the owners of the package store I frequent, and they've assured me that they will start receiving it in October. These guys love Yuengling and are super excited themselves. On occasion they even pick me up a six pack when they're in the surrounding states that sell it. I know they wouldn't joke around about something like this.

Anonymous said...

here it is the 20th and still no yuengling, I've heard this rumor too, but havent seen anything on the website so like someone else said, i'll believe it when i see it

Anonymous said...

Yuenglong is in GA. I saw it today! At a Total Wine. Almost walked right by it's big welcome display as I entered the store. It's about time!

Anonymous said...

It's here! http://www.bringyuenglingtogeorgia.com/

Anonymous said...

I liked Yuengling upon first try. Now if they'd only sell it in 40-ounce bottles and 5-liter mini kegs !